PURE ADMIRATION - AN ENTRANCE DOOR FROM PIRNAR
The story of Pirnar is a unique story of entrepreneurship, innovative thinking, big dreams and hard work.
A remarkable story of big dreams
and worldwide success
What began in 1968 as a humble family craft business is now a story of global success for the third generation of the Pirnar family, impressing homeowners around the world with stunning front doors.
- 1968 – Franc Pirnar opens a handicraft metal-printing workshop in Slovenia.
- 1992 – Son Roman Pirnar takes over his father's craft and switches to metalworking.
- 1999 – Production of railings, staircases and a series of stainless steel door handles begins.
- 2002 – Relocation of production to new premises in Gameljne/Slovenia.
- 2003 – Production is expanded to include the manufacture of aluminium entrance doors and infills.
- 2005 – The company presents itself for the first time at the international BAU trade fair in Munich with a double-sided cover leaf.
- 2006 – The world's first black-glazed front door.
- 2008 – The best insulated aluminium entrance in the world.
- 2008 – Fingerprint scanner built into the handle.
- 2008 – LED threshold illumination in a perforated reflective panel and spot lighting in the door leaf.
- 2009 – Bronze guild.
- 2009 – Relocation of front door manufacture to Bosanski Petrovac.
- 2010 – Grandson Gašper Pirnar is employed in the company.
- 2010 – Multi-level door leaf, HiLine Multilevel series and LED lighting under the handle.
- 2011 – Grandson Anže Pirnar is employed in the company.
- 2012 – HiLine Pure series with fully aligned door elements without visible joints and submerged LED illuminated pull bar door handles.
- 2012 – Strip LED threshold illumination in the door leaf.
- 2013 – Restructuring of the company from sole trader to a limited company.
- 2013 – Concealed fingerprint scanner built into the round handle.
- 2013 – Handles with LED lighting.
- 2014 – The first entrance of above-standard dimensions, Grande (1.3 x 3 m).
- 2014 – Introduction of 3D sheet metal milling.
- 2014 – Presentation of 5-layer glass.
- 2014 – ALU/WOOD Naturo manufacture.
- 2014 – The first coloured handles and hinges.
- 2015 – Presentation of the handle with LED lighting.
- 2015 – LED side light.
- 2015 – Wood production.
- 2015 – Own sensor code keypad.
- 2016 – The first OneTouch automatic retractable pull bar door handle.
- 2016 – Relocation to a new business and production facility in Ljubljana.
- 2018 – Relocation to a new production facility in Bosnia – Gorinčani
- 2018 – Relocation of hold-on handles and door handles with LED lighting (LabeLux, MagmaLux and CrystaLux).
- 2018 – The first Theatrica entrance wall.
- 2019 – The strongest CarbonCore construction.
- 2021 – Nero Edition accessories collection.